Message from 2021
This post is pretty old! Opinions and technical information in it are almost certainly oudated. Commands and configurations will probably not work. Consider the age of the content before putting any of it into practice.
Made a big milestone today on the ol’ senior project. A week ago, I was bellyachin’ about reading XMP into key-value pairs. Pretty much just today, I got enough code in to not just get the key-value pairs, but store them in a normalized sqlite database:
bkerley@thedude ~/[...]/ape> ./ape tests/bigxmp.jpg Debug: XMP found at 0x000062d4 Debug: loaded 27 key-value pairs bkerley@thedude ~/[...]/ape> sqlite3 ape.db " select properties.id, proptypes.propname, properties.content from properties join proptypes on properties.proptype_id=proptypes.id" (boring parts eliminated) 24|http://ns.adobe.com/photoshop/1.0/DateCreated|2006-09-19 25|http://ns.adobe.com/photoshop/1.0/City|who cares 26|http://ns.adobe.com/photoshop/1.0/Doctor|Doc Cottle 27|http://ns.adobe.com/photoshop/1.0/History|
What’s next is porting the XMP reading part to C# for a visual XMP editor, which should be easy since I won’t need so much custom code.
All this and I also got my postscript project for another class done on Thursday afternoon (said class was cancelled).