Message from 2021
This post is pretty old! Opinions and technical information in it are almost certainly oudated. Commands and configurations will probably not work. Consider the age of the content before putting any of it into practice.
These thoughts are things that occurred to me during my travels home from Scottish Ruby Conference. They haven’t been checked for accuracy.
- So I noticed that Weird Twitter really picks up at about midnight in California. Is that when the Burger Kings that weird twitter work at all close?
- It sucks when you get on a plane after running your out-of-shape ass and a bunch of luggage through Heathrow and can’t get water right away.
- It doesn’t suck when airline and airport staff have procedures to get you to your flight even when your inbound connection is delayed an hour.
- In Time tries really really hard to be preachy but it’s still a watchable action movie.
- Curry shrimp is not my first choice for airplane food. It was tasty though.
- It’s weird as hell how much you miss your cat after a week.
- Shoulda set up ACE editor when I had an internet connection. Can’t build it without having pre-downloaded a bunch of stuff ‘cause it doesn’t look like I can just
catsome files together by hand.
- The Rockwell Collins in-flight moving map could stand to be as good as the iPhone’s map interface from 2007. A higher resolution and the ability to show both
- this movie about bikes is cool
- well it was until main character skidded over a set of skid marks obviously from a previous take
- Sipping single-malt whisky while crossing the Atlantic is almost as cool as sipping it while hanging out with @tef and @ryanstenhouse.
- I wonder if my luggage is on board? The agents at LHR said it wasn’t, but who knows?
- Wine and cheese. Yes.
- Does Daniel Craig’s James Bond live in a world where no James Bond movies exist? Or where previous James Bonds didn’t exist? I bet he’d really like some kind of suitcase helicopter during the intro to Skyfall but those don’t exist in our world and obviously don’t exist in his.
- “This is 40” has one of the funnier pre-title-sequence openings I’ve seen this flight.
- This really could be “Thoughts from 40,000 feet” because I just noticed that on the Rockwell Collins in-flight moving map on the big screen for the cabin.
- Just “got” a joke about gout.
- Nothing like a well-timed fart joke.
- When did Judd Apatow become a good director? I’m thinking “Pineapple Express.”
- How the hell did this become such a romantic movie?
- Never mind.