Message from 2021
This post is pretty old! Opinions and technical information in it are almost certainly oudated. Commands and configurations will probably not work. Consider the age of the content before putting any of it into practice.
- Welcome to Hell: this airplane ostensibly has wifi but it’s not DHCPing anybody.
- One of the flight attendants has really cute glasses that work well with her bangs.
- ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Run the plane out of Glenlivet.
- The “Wonderstone” movie is a good movie to watch on the way to Vegas.
- The “Wonderstone” movie makes me think of Ben Stiller’s “Tony Wonder” from Arrested Development.
- Thanks Apple, for making a MacBook Pro that doesn’t work on airline AC outlets.
- I kind of miss the part of IE6 where you could browse the cache folder and see sensible filenames and pluck images out of it.
- I don’t miss
- SLAM TO THE JAM: knocked out streaming of list_buckets in riak-ruby-client.
- PROTIP for when you’re doing Riak stuff and not online: if you’ve built it from source, source code for Riak is in
- I love that I can look out the window between Miami and Las Vegas and get a general idea of where I am based on the terrain: Gulf of Mexico? Louisiana farmland? Texas scrub? The Wild West?
- Remember before TV stations could superimpose a graphic on a TV show? It was a lot nicer than now, when superimposing a graphic on a TV show is as easy as not superimposing a graphic on a TV show.
- Non-stop flights best flights.
- It’s weird seeing Upright Citizens Brigade alumni in roles that aren’t spectacularly hilarious; it’s okay when they’re opposite Leslie Knope though.
- I wonder how bad 3M® Command™ Adhesive would mess up the dashboard of my car…
- Where is my iTrip cigarette lighter iPhone charger/AV cable? Thing rules.
- Fred Armisen is in a lot of things.